Saturday, June 29, 2013

And the countdown begins


I’m going to be thirty soon.  Technically 4 months from 2 days ago but who’s counting.  Why does this feel like SUCH a big event to me??  People tell me that 30 is the new 21, or that I have nothing to worry about, and it’s no big deal.  Age is just a number… blah blah blah.  I hear that, but for some reason it’s not resonating.  Age IS just a number – a number that tells you how old you are, and it looks like I’m about to be a little bit older.

Moments like this are great opportunities to check yourself.  Just a quick check to ensure that everything is as you’d like it to be – do I have my hearing?  Yup.  Sight? Nah but that left me when I was 7 so I’ve had some time to cope. Washboard abs? Umm….  Lean running legs?  Oh… uhh… Eating healthy?  YES.  I can own this one. As of 2 days ago anyway.  Do you read enough?  Um – other than email? Do you go to yoga enough? Do you have a nice little nest egg for yourself?  And on and on.

OK, with my life-check in full swing I’m noticing that I’m falling short on quite a few things.  I have 4 months before my next life-check, so I’m going to take that time to right some of the wrongs I’m doing to myself.  By October 27, 2013, I need to:

1. Go to 30 yoga classes
2. Run 250 miles
3. Run a marathon (that can count within the 250)
4. Read 5 classic books
5. Cook 30 dishes I’ve never prepared before
6. Finish 40 hard workouts (in addition to the runs)
7. Write 30 letters/cards/real correspondences (something that would require a stamp)
8. Finish level 1 and 2 of Rosetta Stone for Spanish
9. Go on 30 auditions (and/or submit myself for 30 roles)
10. Go to 3 lectures

So there you have it.  Something for the Mind, Body and Spirit (EA would be so proud). This will serve as my outlet, where I can unleash my feelings about this whole thing, and let you know how everything is going.

I’m going to create countdown clocks for some of these things, and I’ll keep you up to date on the progress.  Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave me any encouraging notes if you’d like.  Seriously though, I like comments.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your sense of organization and direction, not to mention ambition. I will add an old fart comment, inevitable as you mentioned, thirty is not the endgame! Go for it every day!

    ReplyDelete